Specify miscellaneous default settings for control charts and quality tools. The changes you make to the defaults remain until you change them again, even after you exit Minitab.
- When last row of data
causes a new test failure for any point
- Change color of
chart: Change the background color of a control chart when the final row of data causes a test failure or is out of control.
- Color: Specify the color to change the background color of the control chart to.
- Display control
chart results in output tab
Display control chart test results in a table.
- Use rounded values
for Box-Cox transformations when possible
- Display a rounded λ (lambda) value for Box-Cox transformations on Box-Cox plots. Minitab rounds the λ value to the nearest integer, 0.5, or -0.5, which are commonly used λ values.
If the confidence interval for λ does not contain a rounded value, Minitab does not use a rounded value even when you select this option.
- Display control
limit / center line labels for all stages
- If a control chart includes stages, display control limits and center line labels for each stage.
- Specify the default
distribution for T Chart
- Specify whether to base calculations for T charts on a Weibull distribution or an exponential distribution. The exponential distribution is equivalent to a Weibull distribution with a shape of 1. If you select the exponential distribution, Minitab sets the shape parameter for the distribution to 1.
- Calculate the maximum standard deviation with the Wallis
procedure (for double spec limits with unknown standard deviation case
- Select this option to use the approximation procedure proposed by Wallis to calculate the maximum standard deviation. For more information on the Wallis procedure, go to Methods and formulas for Variables Acceptance Sampling, select Sample size and critical distance, and scroll to the section titled "Double specification limits and unknown standard deviation (Wallis procedure)".