Specify options for confidence levels, probability the population coverage exceeds p*, and tolerance intervals.
- Confidence level
- Enter the confidence level for the confidence intervals. Usually, a confidence level of 95% works well.
- Probability the population coverage exceeds p*
- Enter the probability that the population coverage exceeds the maximum acceptable percentages of population in the interval. Common values include 0.01, 0.05, and 0.1. Larger values might result in a tolerance interval that includes a larger percentage of the population than the target that you specify.
- Tolerance interval
- Select the type of tolerance interval or bound that you want to use:
- Two-sided: Use a tolerance interval with both a lower and an upper tolerance bound.
- Lower bound: Use only a lower bound. A lower bound is the value that the minimum percentage of population is likely to be greater than.
- Upper bound: Use only an upper bound. An upper bound is a value that the minimum percentage of population is likely to be less than.