For the graph to represent your data most effectively, consider the following guidelines.
- The data should include one or two categorical factors
- For more information on factors, go to Factors and factor levels.
- The response variable should be continuous
- The response column must contain numbers.
- Collect data using best practices
To ensure that your results are valid, consider the following guidelines:
- Make certain that the data represent the population of interest.
- Collect enough data to provide the necessary precision.
- Measure variables as accurately and precisely as possible.
- Record the data in the order it is collected.