Complete the following steps to specify the columns of data that you want to analyze.
- In Response, enter the column of numeric data that you want to test, such as the concentration of a drug.
- In Time, enter the column that contains the time each sample was taken.
- (Optional) In Batch, enter the column that contains the batch each sample was taken from.
- In Lower spec, enter the lowest acceptable value for the response. You can enter a lower specification limit, or an upper specification limit, or both. If you have two specification limits but only one limit is relevant to the shelf life, enter both limits, then press Options and select Use one spec limit to calculate shelf
- In Upper spec, enter the highest acceptable value for the response.
In this worksheet, RunOrder contains the order that you collect the data. This column is not entered in the dialog. Drug% is the response and contains the concentration of a drug. Month is the time variable and indicates when the sample is collected. Batch indicates which batch the sample was collected from.