To ensure that your results are valid, consider the following guidelines when you collect data, perform the analysis, and interpret your results.
- The response variable should be continuous
- A continuous variable can be measured and ordered, and has an infinite
number of values between any two values. For example, the diameters of a sample
of tires is a continuous variable.
The data for the response variable must be numeric values.
If your response variable is categorical, use
- Predictor variables may be continuous or categorical
You can use a combination of continuous or categorical predictors; however, the column lengths for each predictor must be the same length as the response column. Missing values are allowed.
- All continuous predictors must be numeric.
- Categorical predictors can be text or numeric values.