Consider the following guidelines when you define the design.
- The size of the design should be adequate
- The sample size and power should be desirable for a practically important effect size.
- The design should have 2 to 20 components
- To define a mixture experiment in Minitab, you must have at least two components that are continuous. If you do not have at least two components, you don't have a mixture.
- The design can have up to 7 process variables
- Process variables are factors in an experiment that are not part of the mixture but may affect the response. For example, the adhesive properties of a paint may depend on the temperature at which it is applied.
- The run order should be randomized for data collection
- If the worksheet contains a column that contains the run order, you can specify that column when you define the design. Otherwise, you can randomize the design after you define the design with .