This dialog box is active only when you choose Backward
elimination under Model Fitting Method in the main dialog box for Analyze Mixture
The backward elimination method starts with all potential terms in the model and removes the least significant term for each step. Minitab stops when all variables in the model have p-values that are less than or equal to the specified Alpha to remove value. For more information, go to Basics of stepwise regression.
- Selected Terms
- Shows the terms that you chose in the Terms dialog box to include as candidates for the final model.
- Forced Terms
- Enter the terms that you want to keep in the model regardless of their p-values.
- Alpha to remove
- Enter the alpha value that Minitab uses to determine whether a term is removed from the model.
- Number of alternative terms to show
- Enter a number to display the next best alternate terms up to the number requested. If a new term is entered into the model, Minitab displays the term which was the second best choice, the third best choice, and so on.