This macro creates a fitted line plot that goes through the origin.
Download the Macro
Be sure that Minitab knows where to find your downloaded macro. Choose Macro location browse to the location where you save macro files.
If you use an older web browser, when you click the Download button, the file may open in Quicktime, which shares the .mac file extension with Minitab macros. To save the macro, right-click the Download button and choose Save target as.
- One column of dependent dta (Y)
- One column of independent data (X)
- CONF K
- The default confidence interval is 95%, but you can change the default by using the subcommand CONF followed by the interval you want to use (1-99).
- Use to show the 95% confidence bands.
- Use to show the 95% prediction bands.
- REDIDS C
- Use to store the residuals of the regression through the origin in the specified column.
It is strongly suggested that the residuals from any regression model be examined for randomness and normality.
- TITLE “text”
- Use to specify a custom title for the graph.
Running the Macro
Suppose your dependent variable, Y, is in C1 and your independent variable, X, is in C2. You want to change the confidence level to 90% and store the residuals in column C3. To run the macro choose
%ORIGIN C1 C2;
Click Submit Commands.
You can create this graph manually with Minitab commands.
- Under Y variables enter C2. Under X variables enter C1.
- Click Data View, then click the Regression tab.
- Uncheck Fit intercept. Click OK in each dialog box.
Because it is difficult to interpret the R-sq when the constant is omitted, the R-sq value is not printed in the regression output.