Complete the following steps to specify the gage R&R study data.
- In Part numbers, enter the column that contains the part names or numbers.
- In Operators, enter the column that contains the operator names or numbers.
- In Measurement data, enter the column that contains the observed measurements.
- (Optional) In Additional factors, enter a maximum of 8 columns that contain factor level names or numbers.
- (Optional) In Fixed factors, specify the parts, operators, and/or factors that you entered in Additional factors as fixed factors. By default, Minitab assumes that factors are random factors, unless you specify them as fixed factors. For more information, go to Types of factors in a gage R&R study.
- (Optional) In Nesting: (e.g., Parts(Operators) ... Parts nested in Operators), specify nesting among the factors using parentheses.
For more information, go to Types of factors in a gage R&R study.
Factors in parentheses must have spaces between them.
- When B is nested within A, type B(A).
- When C is nested within both A and B, type C(A B).
- When A is not nested but B is nested in A, and C is nested in A and B, type B(A) C(A B).
In this worksheet, Part contains the part number identifiers, Operator contains the operator identifiers, Machine contains the identifier for the fixed factor, and Measurement contains the measurement of each part.