If you have multiple causes of failure, enter a column or columns to evaluate the reliability of the individual failure modes. For more information on failure modes, go to What is a failure mode?.
- Use failure mode columns
- Enter the columns that contain the failure modes. To represent right-censored observations in the failure mode column, use an asterisk (*) for numeric columns or a space for text columns.
- Failure Mode Options
- Use all failure modes: Include all failure modes in the analysis.
- Use failure modes: Enter the failure modes to include in the analysis. Enclose text values in double quotation marks.
- Eliminate failure modes: Enter the failure modes to exclude from the analysis. Enclose text values in double quotation marks.
- Change Distribution for Levels
- Use only if the distribution for one or more failure modes is different from the distribution that you selected on the main dialog box. In Level, enter the failure mode. Enclose text values in double quotation marks. Then select a distribution to model the failure mode.