This dialog box is active only when you choose Forward selection under Model Fitting Method in the main dialog box for Analyze Mixture Design.
The forward selection method starts with an empty model, or includes the terms you specify to include in every model. Then, Minitab adds the most significant term for each step. Minitab stops when all variables not in the model have p-values that are greater than the specified Alpha to enter value. For more information, go to Basics of stepwise regression.
- Selected Terms
- Shows the terms that you chose in the Terms dialog box to include as candidates for the final model.
- Forced Terms
- Enter the terms that you want to keep in the model regardless of their p-values.
- Alpha to enter
- Enter the alpha value that Minitab uses to determine whether a term is entered into the model.
- Number of alternative terms to show
- Enter a number to display the next best alternate terms up to the number requested. If a new term is entered into the model, Minitab displays the term which was the second best choice, the third best choice, and so on.