Specify default settings for y-scale type and bin interval type for histograms. The changes you make to the defaults remain until you change them again, even after you exit Minitab.
- Y-Scale Type
- Frequency: Use a frequency scale, where each bar represents the frequency of values within the bin.
- Percent: Use a percent scale, where each bar represents the percentage of all values within the bin.
- Density: Use a density scale. A density scale works best when you want to compare distributions and the sample size differs, or when you compare bars and the bin widths are unequal. Density is calculated as the proportion of observations divided by the bin width.
- Interval Type
- Midpoint: Position tick marks at bin midpoints.
- Cutpoint: Position tick marks at bin cutpoints.