These are file types that you can save and open in Minitab.
- Minitab project (MPJ)
A Minitab project file contains all the information in the project, including worksheets, output, and history. When you save a project, you save all your work at the same time.
- Minitab worksheet (MTW)
A Minitab worksheet file contains all the information in the worksheet, including columns, constants, matrices, and design objects. You can send worksheets to a Minitab user without sending the entire project.
- Minitab graph (MGF)
- A Minitab graph file contains graphical output. You can open and edit Minitab graphs in Minitab. You can send graphs to a Minitab user without sending the entire project.
- Microsoft Excel (XLS, XLSX, XML)
- A Microsoft Excel file contains only column data. You can open and save Excel files in Minitab.
- Text (CSV, TXT, DAT)
A text file contains only column data. You can use a text file to transfer data between Minitab and other applications. You can open and save the following types of text files in Minitab:
- TXT or DAT: A standard text file
- CSV (comma separated values): A text file in which commas (or some other divider) separate values
You can save text files using either ANSI (sometimes called ASCII) or Unicode encoding. ANSI is the older standard. Unicode was developed to represent more characters and to be independent of the computer's regional settings. Some older applications might support only ANSI.
- Minitab macro (MAC)
- A MAC file is text file that contains Minitab commands that you can use to automate a repetitive task, such as generating a monthly report, or to extend Minitab's capabilities, such as calculating a special test statistic.
- Minitab exec (MTB)
- An exec file is simpler form of a Minitab macro.
Minitab projects and worksheets are binary files, and do not have a MIME type.