Use Minitab's file security options to protect project files from unauthorized viewing or editing.
- Password to open project file
- If you want to require a password to open the project file, type the password (up to 15 characters, case sensitive).
- Password to modify project file
- If you want to require a password to modify the project file, type the password (up to 15 characters, case sensitive). Without the password, users can view the file, but cannot change it (that is, the file is read-only).
- Read-only recommended
- If you select this option, Minitab prompts users to open the file as read-only (users can view the file but not change it).
If you do not know your password, Minitab technical support cannot recover your password, or your password-protected file. You should keep a list of your files and their passwords in a safe place.