Minitab provides eight tests for special causes. By default, Minitab uses only Test 1. Select additional tests based on company or industry standards. Use the tests to determine which observations to investigate, and to identify the specific patterns and trends in your data.
Specify whether to perform only test 1, all, or no tests for special causes.
- Perform only test 1 (1 point > 3 standard deviations form the center line)
- Select to perform Test 1, which identifies subgroups that are unusual compared to other subgroups. Test 1 is universally recognized as necessary for detecting out-of-control situations.
- Perform all tests for special causes
- Select to perform all four tests for special causes.
- Perform no tests
- Select to perform none of the tests for special causes.