An editor of a video game web site wants to determine the proportion of readers that own a PlayStation console. The editor uses a bootstrap for the proportion to examine the sampling distribution of the proportion and to estimate a confidence interval for the proportion of readers that own a PlayStation console.
- Open the bootstrapping for 1-sample proportion dialog box.
- From the drop down, select Summarized data.
- In Number of events, enter 124.
- In Number of trials, enter 200.
- On the Options tab, enter 1 in Base for random number generator.
Using Base for random number generator ensures that your results match the example.
- Click OK.
Interpret the results
The 95% CI indicates that the editor can be 95% confident that the population proportion of readers that own a PlayStation is between approximately 0.56 and 0.69. The histogram shows that the bootstrap distribution appears to be normal, so the editor can trust the results.
|Bootstrap Samples for Proportion|