To start a workflow project, a steering committee member must first select a methodology, assign a project owner, and set up a review board. After a steering committee member starts a project, the project owner receives a notification so they can begin to work on it.
- In the hopper, to start a workflow project, click expand next to an idea.
- Next to Methodology, click Edit.
- By default, a project is assigned to the user who submitted the idea. To change the project owner, in Assign to (on start), click delete to clear the current user name, and then enter a different user name.
- From Methodology, choose the methodology the team will use to execute the project. A methodology is the set of phases, reviews, and requirements the project must go through before it can be called complete. Companion creates a project using the template associated with the selected methodology.
- Under Review Board, enter the names of the users who will review the project at its various phases.
- Click Save.
- Click Start Project.
The project owner and the members of the project's review board are notified when they are assigned to a new project.