After you make a variable from a shape in a brainstorm diagram, you can select it in process maps and in forms.
To select a variable in a process map, complete the following steps.
- In a process map, select the shape to assign the variable to.
- In the process map task pane, on the Variables tab, select Move or Copy.
- In the Data Selection dialog box, select the variables to add to the shape, then select OK.
To select a variable in a form, the form must contain a data-entry table that is shared with the X variable
or the Y variable
categories. Then, complete the following steps.
- Hold the pointer over a table row or column, and when the add button appears, select Select Existing X
Variables or Select Existing Y
- In the Data Selection dialog box, select the variables to add, then select OK.