Use the Y Metrics form to record and track key metrics, such as DPMO, ZBench, and CpK, throughout the course of your project.
Answers the questions:
- How is the process currently performing (the baseline)?
- How is the project performing at various stages (the milestones) of the project?
- How should the process perform after process improvement (the goal)?
- Define the business or process problem in measurable terms.
- Determine what the project goals are.
- Enter the baseline and the goal for the metric to track. Optionally, you can add a stretch goal. The values you enter in the table appear as horizontal reference lines on the graph.
- To enter dates and metric values, hold the mouse pointer on a row, click the add button , and then choose an option.
- To track additional metrics, such Cpk or DPMO, hold the mouse pointer on a column, click the add button , and then choose an option.
- Enter milestones to record significant events, such as the date you implemented an improvement. The values you enter appear as vertical reference lines on the graph.
For more information, go to Insert and fill out a form.