Use the Waste Analysis by Operation form to identify the types of waste at each process step and to quantify and color-code the degree of the waste.
- Identifying waste is best accomplished with multiple observers.
- Use this form to identify areas to apply countermeasures.
- In the Operations that exist on a process map table, select existing activities from a process map.
- In the Operations that you enter manually, enter process steps manually.
- Evaluate each of the waste categories for each process step by entering a value from 0 to 9. No observed waste is a 0, while a 9 indicates total waste (no value added).
Values have the following color code:
- 0 to 2 = Green
- 3 to 5 = Yellow
- 6 to 9 = Red
For more information, go to Insert and fill out a form.