Use the Preparation Checklist - 6 Weeks Prior to Event form to complete the following objectives:
- Define the improvement area and scope the activity to a manageable size.
- Document support from leadership.
- Define a team and record leadership commitment for participation of team members.
- Identify the event facilitator.
- Provide the basis for the event charter.
Focus on the following areas:
- Use this form during the event selection and scoping.
- Align the event to the True North metrics.
- Link the event to the section of the value stream map to address.
- Make sure that the team includes those with the necessary skills and knowledge.
- Obtain initial leadership buy-in before you start to use the Preparation Checklist - 4 Weeks Prior to Event form.
- Perform each task in the checklist.
- Meet with key leadership personnel.
- Record results, findings, and agreements as defined by the event charter.
- Add and act on items in the event specific checklist.
- Identify any uncompleted items.
For more information, go to Insert and fill out a form.