As part of a QFD project, use the Design Scorecard: Performance form to assess how well the product is performing. This form also helps you evaluate performance criteria from the House of Quality Matrix 1 so that you can do the following:
- Predict the probability of defect levels
- Calculate capability
- Set goals
Answers the questions:
- What are the defects per unit (DPU) for each performance criterion?
- How well can you measure a performance criterion?
- Which DPU method is used?
- Scorecards summarize engineering metrics, provide visibility into the project, and promote communication within the organization.
This form uses the performance criteria from the House of Quality matrices.
As a cross-functional team, complete the following steps:
- In the Critical Performance Criteria Table, complete the remaining columns.
- Under DPU Data, if some performance criteria are not continuous variables, change their DPU method values. If you change the DPU method, Minitab Workspace automatically moves the performance criterion to the appropriate table.
- To calculate the DPU, complete the remaining columns in each table.
- Review the Performance Scorecard Summary.
- Open the Scorecard Summary form and review the values in the Performance row.
For more information, go to Insert and fill out a form.