After you make a variable from a shape in a brainstorm diagram, you can select it in process maps and in forms.
To select a variable in a process map, do the following:
- In a process map, select the shape to assign the variable to.
- In the process map task pane, on the Variables tab, choose Move or Copy.
- In the Data Selection dialog box, select the variables to add to the shape, and then click OK.
To select a variable in a form, the form must contain a data-entry table that is shared with the X Variable
or the Y Variable
categories. Then, you can do the following:
- Hold the pointer over a table row or column, and when the add button appears, choose Select Existing X Variables or Select Existing Y Variables.
- In the Data Selection dialog box, select the variables to add, and then click OK.