You might see the following messages in Minitab when using
- * ERROR * Number of corner points <= number of factors
- * ERROR * Maximum number of corner points = 128
The only factorial designs for which you can calculate power and sample size in Minitab are those that you can create using , with the exception of 2-level split-plot designs.
For example, you can't calculate power and sample size for a design with 9 factors and 8 corner points (because it has more factors than runs) or a design with more than 128 corner points.
For assistance in selecting an available factorial design, choose
, select 2-level factorial (default generators)
or Plackett-Burman design
and click Display Available Designs
. This dialog box does not take any input, but displays a table that shows available factorial designs, based on:
- the number of factors of interest
- the number of runs you can do
- the resolution of the design that you want
You can only calculate power and sample size for designs that Minitab displays in these tables.