Specify which stability study results to display by default. The results that you can display depend on whether you include a batch factor and whether the batch factor is fixed or random. You can also choose the default significance level (denoted by α or alpha) for pooling batches. The changes you make to the defaults remain until you change them again, even after you exit Minitab.
- Alpha for pooling batches
- Specify the significance level for model selection.
- Use one spec limit to calculate shelf
- Select this option when the response variable has two specification limits, but only one limit is relevant for the shelf life. The selection adjusts the confidence level to produce a one-sided bound when you enter two specification limits. For example, if the confidence level is 95% and you select this option, then the confidence level for the single bound that is relevant to the shelf life is also 95%. If you do not select this option, then the confidence level for both bounds is 97.5%. The single 95% bound gives a longer shelf life.
- For example, a medication has an upper specification limit of 12.5 micrograms and a lower specification limit of 12 micrograms. In storage, the medication degrades, but never increases in strength. Only the lower specification limit is relevant to the shelf life.
- Display of results
- Analysis of variance
- Display the ANOVA table that includes the sums of squares by source and the p-values when batch is a fixed factor.
- Marginal fitted equation (for random batch)
- Display the marginal fitted equation when batch is a random factor.
- Conditional fits and diagnostics
- If batch is a random factor, you can display conditional fits, residuals, and diagnostics. Minitab displays this table only if one of the random terms—Batch or the Batch x Time interaction—are included in the final model. For more information, go to Marginal fits and residuals versus conditional fits and residuals.
- Only for unusual observations: Display conditional fits, residuals, and diagnostics for only the unusual observations.
- For all observations: Display conditional fits, residuals, and diagnostics for all observations.