If you know the historical mean or the historical standard deviations of your process, or if you have estimates obtained from past data, enter the values for the analysis.
- Historical mean
- Enter a value for the mean of the population distribution.
- Historical Standard Deviations
- Enter values for the historical standard deviations.
- Within subgroup
- Enter a value for the standard deviation within subgroups of the population distribution.
- Between subgroups
- Enter a value for the standard deviation between subgroups of the population distribution.
If you do not enter historical population parameters, Minitab estimates the mean and standard deviations from your sample data and uses those estimates to calculate process capability.
If you want to specify the method that Minitab uses to estimate the standard deviation from your sample data, click Estimate.