Use Define Custom Taguchi Design to create a Taguchi design from data that you already have in the worksheet. Use a Taguchi design to identify controllable factors (control factors) in your process that minimize response variation and minimize the effect of noise factors.
Usually, you define a custom design for one of the following reasons:
- You created a design in Minitab and modified the worksheet so that Minitab could no longer analyze the design. For example, Minitab cannot analyze the design if you move or delete the column that contains the standard order of the design.
- You typed the design information directly into the worksheet.
- You imported the design from a non-Minitab file.
- You created the design using Minitab Session commands.
- You created the design with a version of Minitab older than version 13.
After you define your design, you can use Analyze Taguchi Design (Static) or Analyze Taguchi Design (Dynamic) to analyze your data.
For example, an engineer has a Taguchi design in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. The engineer opens the worksheet in Minitab, defines the design as a custom Taguchi design, and then is able to use Minitab to analyze the design.
Where to find this analysis