A healthcare consultant wants to determine the difference in patient satisfaction ratings of two hospitals.
- Open the sample data, HospitalComparison.MTW.
- Open the bootstrapping for 2-sample means dialog box.
- In Samples, enter Rating.
- In Sample IDs, enter Hospital.
- On the Options tab, enter 1 in Base for random number generator.
Using Base for random number generator ensures that your results match the example.
- Click OK.
Interpret the results
The 95% CI indicates that the consultant can be 95% confident that the difference in population means of the patient satisfaction ratings of two hospitals is between 14.4 and 27.6. The histogram shows that the bootstrap distribution appears to be normal, so the consultant can trust the results.
|Difference in Observed Means|
Mean of A - Mean of B = 21
|Bootstrap Samples for Difference in Means|