- Error message
- The Minitab License Manager service on Local Computer started
and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do,
for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.
This error usually indicates a problem with the license file. To resolve
this error, consider the following requirements:
- The license file should be
saved with Notepad and with ANSI encoding.
- The license file must have an
.lic extension and must be named
- The license file must exist in
the License Manager's installation directory. On a Windows computer, this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minitab\License Manager.
- Only the text provided on the
Multi-User Licensing website should appear in the license file.