Minitab Statistical Software, Minitab Engage, and Minitab Workspace are Windows-only applications. For more information, visit
If you are interested in running your desktop product on a Mac, you can
install the Windows operating system on your Mac computer using desktop
- Desktop virtualization software
- Desktop virtualization software allows you to install and use Windows
on your Intel-based Mac without requiring a reboot. This allows you to be in
macOS and Windows at the same time. Mac virtualization software is available
from industry leaders such as VMware (VMware
Fusion), Parallels (Parallels
Desktop for Mac), and Oracle (VirtualBox).
Minitab products have not been rigorously tested in desktop
virtualization software, and assistance from Minitab Technical Support is
limited. Before purchasing a Minitab product, it is strongly recommended that
you download the trial version of the software to test in your environment.
- Using the trial software on a virtual computer
- To use the trial version in a virtual environment, you must contact
Minitab Technical Support for a 30-day product key to activate the software.
- Tips for using your desktop software on your Mac
- When using Windows on your Mac, it is best to shut down Windows when
you are finished using your software. Closing the lid of your notebook computer
may cause Windows to hibernate or suspend, which can cause an error about a
tampered license. Try shutting down Windows and rebooting the virtual computer.
If this does not resolve the issue, please contact Minitab Technical Support.