To replace an expired license file:
- If you do not already have a new license file, log in to the Multi-User Licensing website and create a license file based on your computer’s MAC address. For information about getting the MAC address of a local PC, go to Topic ID 2084.
- Save the new license with the name, minitab.lic. Ensure that the file name does not end with a .txt extension.
- Overwrite the expired license file, which is located at one of the following locations:
- C:\Program Files\Minitab\License Manager
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Minitab\License Manager
- /Library/Application Support/Minitab/LicenseManager
- Restart the Minitab License Manager service.
The new license file will be implemented by the Minitab License Manager.