When editing the hopper chart, it is a good idea to choose
variables that are on your company's idea form. To edit an idea form, go to
Create and select the idea form.
For a preview of the graph and to make graph editing easier, create a few
test ideas in the sandbox workflow before you edit the hopper chart. Any ideas
or projects you create in the sandbox will not go live when you publish the
- In the
web app, select
If a sandbox is not available, then create one.
- In the sandbox, select
Edit hopper chart.
- Choose one of the following
charts to display in the hopper.
- Bubble Plot
- Evaluate project ideas based on three variables. For example, you
can use a bubble plot to compare ideas based on the effort, risk of failure,
- Evaluate project ideas based on two variables. For example, you can
use a scatterplot to compare ideas based on the effort and risk of failure.
- Bar Chart
- Evaluate project ideas based on one variable. For example, you can
use a bar chart to plot a project's risk of failure.
- Choose the variables to
display on the chart.
- Choose a grouping variable to
categorize the variables using a list field. For example, you might want to
group variables by Department (Design Engineering, Marketing, and Sales) or by
Belt Level (Green Belt, Black Belt, Master Black Belt).
- Set reference lines on the x
and y axes to designate the quadrants of the bubble plot or the scatterplot. On
a bar chart, set a single reference line on the x-axis to designate a goal or a
- When you finish your changes
in the sandbox and you are satisfied with how they will be applied in the live