Use the Shigeo Shingo approach to categorize the setup activities. The
primary goal is to reduce internal setup time, which reduces the amount of
non-productive process time and enables more setups, smaller run batches, and
- Must be done while the process is stopped.
- Can be done while the process is running, either before or after
performing the setup.
- Enter the project details.
- Enter the workstation
- Enter the changeover data.
- In the
tables, enter each activity and define as
If an element is partly internal and partly external, enter it
twice with the appropriate data. For example, Inspect (internal) = 4 minutes
and Inspect (external) = 8 minutes.
- Summarize your conclusions.
For more information, go to
Add and complete a form.