- In Design mode, in a data-entry table, double-click the control to apply the grouping option to.
- In the Properties dialog box, select the Formatting tab.
- Under Grouping, select either or both of the following options.
- Copy value when adding a new row
- In Fill Out mode, when the user enters a new row that is identical to the previous row, they can choose to select the value from the previous row without having to retype it.
- Merge cells for display
- In Fill Out mode, adjacent rows with the same value merge to make the table easier to read.
To see an example of these features, open the SIPOC form.
For more information about column grouping in Fill Out mode, go to Add and complete a form.