As part of a QFD project, use the House of Quality Matrix 2 to evaluate the relationship between performance criteria and design parameters. The House of Quality matrices document the phases of product development from customer requirements to assembly.
Answers the questions:
- What is the relationship between performance criteria and design parameters?
- What is the relationship between design parameters?
- How well does your most similar product or service meet the customer's needs?
- How does your product compare to your competitors' products?
- Always complete a House of Quality as a cross-functional team.
- A House of Quality is only one component of an entire Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
- A House of Quality is a living document and a source of reference for future upgrades.
This form uses the performance criteria that you entered in the House of Quality Matrix 1.
As a cross-functional team, complete the following steps:
- Add columns to the matrix to create a list of design parameters that define the product or service.
- Evaluate the relationship between each design parameter and each performance criterion to determine the following:
- The critical relationships
- The level of difficulty that is required to achieve the target value for each design parameter
- Rate how well your competitors' products or services deliver a particular requirement.
- (Optional) You can assign the design parameters to the functional areas that you define.
- Complete the House of Quality Matrix 3.
For more information, go to Insert and fill out a form.