As part of a QFD project, use the House of Quality Matrix 3 to evaluate the relationship between design parameters and process parameters. The House of Quality matrices document the phases of product development from customer requirements to assembly.
Answers the questions:
- What is the relationship between design parameters and process parameters?
- What is the relationship between process parameters?
- How well does your most similar product or service meet the customer's needs?
- Always complete a House of Quality as a cross-functional team.
- A House of Quality is only one component of an entire Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
- A House of Quality is a living document and a source of reference for future upgrades.
This form uses the design parameters that you entered in the House of Quality Matrix 2.
As a cross-functional team, complete the following steps:
- Add columns to the matrix to create a list of process parameters that define the product or service.
- Evaluate the relationship between each process parameter and each design parameter to determine the following:
- The critical relationships
- The level of difficulty that is required to achieve the target value for each process parameter.
- (Optional) You can assign the process parameter to the functional areas that you define.
The Process Parameter Interactions Table, also called the technical correlation matrix, is the roof on a traditional House of Quality.
For more information, go to Insert and fill out a form.