Use the A3 form to tell the story of a problem, its analysis, and its solution. It is traditionally limited to the size of a single sheet of paper.
Answers the questions:
- What is the problem?
- What is the problem's root cause?
- What are the countermeasures or actions that can be taken to solve the problem?
- What are the solutions?
- What are the future activities?
- Make the A3 form fit your situation.
- To make the form easier to print, organize, and view, create a series of A3 sub-forms, for example, A3 header, A3 current state deficiencies, and A3 root cause analysis.
- Use the A3 form to plan for future activities.
- Complete the header section.
- Define the problem.
- Document the results of the root cause analysis.
- Document the current state with data from VSMs, Pareto Charts, Bar Charts, and so on.
- Identify the metrics that you will use to track the improvement progress.
- Identify the tasks required to implement the plan.
- Document the future state with data from VSMs, Process Maps, Charts, and so on.
- Revise as needed.
For more information, go to Insert and fill out a form.