At a high level, this is a two-step process:
- Step 1: Connect the data-entry table to the data table where the data field is located.
- Step 2: Connect each form control in the data-entry table to a data field in the data table.
To prevent this example from affecting your live site, discard any changes before you exit the sandbox.
- Connect the data-entry table to the data table.
- In the sandbox, click Templates.
- Under Tool Templates, expand Forms, and choose Meeting Minutes.
- In the Meeting Minutes form, right-click the Attendees table and choose Data-Entry Table Properties.
- In the Data-Entry Table Properties dialog box, click Connect the repeating rows to a data table, and then click Select Data Table.
- In the Data Connection Setup dialog box, click Team Members, and then click OK in each dialog box. Now, the data-entry table is connected to Team Members.
- Connect the form control to a data field in the Team Members data table.
- In the Attendees table, insert a new column.
- In the new column, enter the name: Mobile Phone.
- Under Mobile Phone, double-click the text box control.
- In the Text Box Properties dialog box, enter the control name with no spaces: MobilePhone.
- Click Connect the form control to a data field, and then click Select Data Field.
- In the Data Connection Setup dialog box, click Mobile Phone, and then click OK in each dialog box. Now, the text box control is connected to the data field.
- Repeat step 2 to connect the other columns in the data-entry table to their respective data fields in the Team Members data table.
- Save the template to upload it to the repository.
The Mobile Phone data field is now available on the Meeting Minutes form.
Because the Meeting Minutes form is not a management form, the new data field is only available when users adds the Meeting Minutes form to their project. To make the new data field available in all projects and project templates, you can add the Meeting Minutes form to the management section of a project template. For more information, go to Update management forms.