When editing the hopper chart, it's a good idea to choose variables that are on your company's idea form. To edit an idea form, go to Create and select the idea form.
For a preview of the graph and to make graph editing easier, create a few test ideas in the sandbox workflow before editing the hopper chart. Any ideas or projects you create in the sandbox will not go live when you publish the sandbox.
- In the web app, click Design. If a sandbox is not available, then create one.
- In the sandbox, click Sandbox Workflow.
- Under Hopper, click Edit hopper chart.
- Choose one of the following charts to display in the hopper.
- Bubble Plot
- Compares the relationship between three variables. For example, the bubble plot might compare the relationship between a project's effort, risk of failure, and benefit.
- Compares the relationship between two variables. For example, the scatterplot might compare the relationship between a project's effort and risk of failure.
- Bar Chart
- Use when you want to evaluate potential projects based on one variable. For example, the bar chart might plot a project's risk of failure.
- Choose the variables to display on the chart.
- (Optional) Choose a grouping variable to categorize the variables using a list field. For example, you might want to group variables by Department (Design Engineering, Marketing, and Sales) or by Belt Level (Green Belt, Black Belt, Master Black Belt).
- (Optional) Set reference lines on the x and y axes to designate the quadrants of the bubble plot or the scatterplot. On a bar chart, set a single reference line on the x axis to designate a goal or a limit.
- Click Save.
- When you are done making changes in the sandbox and you are satisfied with how they will be applied in the live site, click Publish Changes.