A methodology typically has a set of phases, for example, DMAIC, CDOV, PDCA, that a project must pass through before it is completed. Each phase must be approved before the project can move to the next phase. In Companion, each methodology has an associated project template. Ideally, the phases in the project template correspond to the set of phases in the methodology.
- In the web app, click Design. If there is not a sandbox, then create one.
- In the sandbox, click Sandbox Workflow.
- Under Methodologies & Phases, do either of the following:
- To create a new methodology, click New Methodology.
Before you create a new methodology, be sure to create a corresponding project template so you can associate it with the new methodology.
- To edit an existing methodology, click the next to the methodology to edit.
- Under Methodology, edit the name of the methodology or select a different methodology.
- Under Phases, select a phase and do any of the following:
- To rename a phase, click the phase and enter a new name in Phase Name.
- To copy a phase, click the phase, click the Copy icon, then enter a name.
- To remove a phase, click the phase, then click the Delete icon.
- To move a phase, click the phase's gripper icon and drag the phase to its new location.
- To add a new phase, click Add New Phase, then enter a name.
- While a phase is selected, under Reviewers, assign the roles required to review the selected phase. You can select as many roles as you want for each phase. Each phase can have a different set of reviewers.
- Under Required Fields, you can specify data fields that users must complete before the project can be submitted for phase review. You can select as many required fields as you want for each phase. Each phase can have a different set of required fields.
When adding fields to the forms in your project template, be sure to indicate (by color or symbol) which fields are required so users know to complete them.
- Click Save.
- When you are done making changes in the sandbox and you are satisfied with how they will be applied in the live site, click Publish Changes.