In this example, you want to make the single-value data field, Organizational Awareness, available in all projects, so you add it to the Project Charter, which is a management form.
To prevent this example from affecting your live site, discard any changes before you exit the sandbox.
- In the sandbox, click Templates.
- Under Management Forms, click Project Charter. The Project Charter opens in the sandbox template editor.
- In the Project Charter, under Project Assessment, add a drop down control.
- In the empty cell in the section, enter data field label: Organizational Awareness.
- In the empty cell below the field label, insert a Drop Down control.
- In the Drop Down Properties dialog box, enter the control name with no spaces: OrganizationalAwareness.
- Connect the drop down control to the list field called Organizational Awareness.
- In the Drop Down Properties dialog box, click Connect the form control to a data field, and then click Select Data Field.
- In the Data Connection Setup dialog box, expand Project Summary and click Organizational Awareness.
- Click OK in each dialog box.
- Save the template to upload it to the repository.
The Organizational Awareness data field is now available on the Project Charter. Because the Project Charter is a management form, the new data field is added to every project and project template in the subscription. For more information about management forms, go to Update management forms.