The tabulated statistics you can obtain with a chi-square test summarize information about the categorical variables. To get these statistics, choose Chi-Square
- The total number of values in each cell and for the margins.
- Expected count
- The number of counts that are expected if the variables are independent. This is calculated as the product of the Ith row total and the jth column total divided by the total of all cells.
- Raw residual
- The difference between the observed and the expected count in each cell.
- Standardized residual
- The raw residuals divided by the square root of the expected counts.
- Adjusted residual
- The raw residuals divided by the estimated standard deviation of the observed count.
- Each cell's contribution to chi-square
- The (standardized residual)2 for each cell.