- Error message
- The Minitab License Manager service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.
This error usually indicates a problem with the license file. To resolve this error, consider the following requirements:
- The license file should be saved with Notepad and with ANSI encoding.
- The license file must have an .lic extension and must be named minitab.lic.
- The license file must exist in the License Manager's installation directory. On a Windows computer, this directory is C:\Program Files\Minitab\License Manager or C:\Program Files (x86)\Minitab\License Manager.
- Only the text provided on the Multi-User Licensing website should appear in the license file.