By default, Minitab will check for updates once per month and you will have the ability to manually check for updates at any time. If you would like to remove this functionality:
- Open Programs and Features.
- In Windows 10, type Program and Features in the search box and press Enter.
- In Windows 8, navigate to the Start Screen area. Type Program and Features and press Enter.
- In Windows 7, click the Windows logo (Start) and choose .
- Select Minitab 17 and click the Uninstall/Change button. You may be prompted for an administrator password or confirmation.
- The Minitab 17 Setup dialog will appear. Select Change.
- Uncheck Enable checking for software updates. Click Next and Install to reinstall the software without the update check feature.