There are two methods for using Minitab Statistical Software, Companion by Minitab, or Quality Companion offline or away from your networked license manager. However, there is only one method for Minitab Express.
- Method 1: Borrowing
If your license type supports borrowing, we recommend that you use borrowing to use Minitab, Companion, or Quality Companion offline.
To borrow a license in Minitab 18 or Companion:
- While connected to your company network, access your license information:
- In Minitab 18, choose
- In Companion, choose Help.
- Click Borrow License.
- In Borrow Through, choose a return date on the calendar.
- Click Borrow.
For Minitab 17 and Quality Companion, use the Minitab Licensing Borrowing Tool. To download this tool, go to http://files.minitab.com/prodinstalls/borrow-utility/3.3/minitabborrowutility.zip.
Borrowing is not supported for Minitab Express.
- Method 2: Stand-Alone Installation
- A stand-alone installation requires you to create a license file for one user and install the License Manager, along with the software, on the same computer. This is the only method supported for Minitab Express.
- Create a license file by using the MAC address of the user’s computer on the Multi-User Licensing pages. For information about getting the MAC address of a computer, go to Topic ID 2084.
- Save the license file to the desktop of the user’s computer.
- Install the Minitab License Manager and accept all default settings during the installation.
- Install the desired application. During the installation, you will be prompted for a license server. Type localhost.
- Start the product that you installed.