If the Windows Firewall is turned on for the computer hosting the license manager, you must configure minitab.exe and lmgrd.exe to accept incoming connections. Complete the following steps to configure the Windows Firewall.
- Open the Windows Firewall options:
- In Windows 8 or Server 2012, navigate to the Start Screen area. Type control panel and press Enter. In the Control Panel, choose . Click Change Settings and then click Allow Another App.
- In Windows 7 or Server 2008, click the Windows logo (Start) and then choose . Click Change settings and then click Allow another program.
- Browse to the vendor daemon, minitab.exe, which has a default location of:
- 32-bit operating system: C:\Program Files\Minitab\License Manager
- 64-bit operating system: C:\Program Files(x86)\Minitab\License Manager
- Select the file and click Open. Then click Add.
- Repeat Steps 1 to 3. At Step 2, choose lmgrd.exe instead of minitab.exe.
- Click OK to exit Windows Firewall.