Yes, you can change the values that Minitab Statistical Software, Minitab Express, and Quality Companion use at startup to look for the location of the License Manager.
On a Windows computer, the location of the License Manager is stored in three locations. To modify these values, you need to modify an environment variable, the registry, and the MultiUserLicense.ini file.
Modify the environment variable, MINITAB_LICENSE_FILE
- Navigate to the Control Panel:
- In Windows 8.1 or 10, right-click the Windows logo (Start) and then choose Control Panel.
- In Windows 8, navigate to the Start Screen, type control panel, and then press Enter.
- In Windows 7, click the Windows logo (Start) and then choose Control Panel.
Edit the registry key MINITAB LICENSE FILE using regedit.exe
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager and update the value for the key named MINITAB_LICENSE_FILE.
Edit the MultiUserLicense.ini
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Minitab\ and open the file in Notepad.
- Delete the line that references the license file. For example, in a license file located on MTBServer1: License File=@MTBServer1
- Save the file and close it.
ProgramData is a hidden folder, by default.
On a Macintosh computer, the location of the License Manager is stored in two locations. To modify these values, you need to modify mtblic.plist and .Flexlmrc.
- Browse to Library/Application Support/Minitab/Minitab Express.
- Modify the line that begins with License File=. Replace the current server name with the name of the new server.
Edit .Flexlmrc found at /Users/Username
- Use a text editor to modify the line that begins with MINITAB_LICENSE_FILE=.
- Replace the current server name with the name of the new server.
- Mtblic.plist will need to be converted to xml prior to editing
- .Flexlmrc is a hidden file.
For more detailed information, go to Topic ID 2112.